Thursday, March 3, 2016

Expired?...expired...Expired!

Life gets busy and it's so easy to forget how long that mayo has been in the fridge. Mayo is one of those things that doesn't work well in our house. Neither the hubby nor I like mayo by itself. The only time I buy mayo is when I need it for a recipe and then the rest ends up going to waste because apparently the sellers don't want you to be able to just buy the amount you need, but rather want you to buy more. Anyways, I try to plan out recipes to use up the rest of the mayo, but life gets busy and I forget and then I don't want to risk the mayo being bad.

So one day I decided to look up how long mayo lasts.  Did you know that it can last up to 2-3months in the fridge opened?! Not only that but it can last up to 2 years in the fridge unopened, compared to only 2-3 months in the pantry.

Now that I know, I'd hate to throw out mayo that is still good.  Looking or smelling it doesn't work for me because since I'm not a big mayo fan I would just assume it's bad, but I can mark on the lid. Why haven't I thought of this before? Then it got me thinking, if I can write on the lid of mayo why not other things?



Do you have things in your house that you don't use as often?  How do you use them up? Anyone have some good recipes that use mayo? I'm always looking! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest