Saturday, May 14, 2016

Garage Sales, Rummage Sales etc.

Garage Sales, Rummage Sales, or whatever you may refer to them as are a great money saver.  Some of my favorite items in our house are from garage sales and I didn't pay much for them at all.


Here are just a few:

1. I bought this a few years ago and it is probably my favorite garage sale purchase.  My husband thinks it's ugly, but I love it.  I'm not even sure what it is I love about it, but it's definately my favorite. Best part we got this puppy for only $3.00!



2. Great little computer for my baby girl.  We paid $1.00 for this, can you believe it?




3. We also got this awesome doll house with accessories for only $10.00!



I love finding great buys at a garage sale.  I have a few rules though to help me not go overboard.

My Garage Sale Rules: 

1. I limit my spending; this may differ from each time, but before I go I only take a designated amount.  This keeps me grounded and not overspending.
2. If I buy it, I have to have a place to put it.  It's so easy to see something for a good deal and want to buy it, but then get home and realize you have no place to put it.  Now that $4.00 purchase doesn't seem so little anymore.  So before I buy I mentally find a space for it in my house.
3. I always find a basket to buy (this is an exception to my 2nd rule).  First of all, I always can find a spot for a basket and if I don't have a spot right away, they're small enough to store away.  2nd, I like to buy something at each place I stop, it just seems curtious to me and baskets seem to be at almost every garage sale, plus they usually cost less than $1.00.  This rule also keeps me from stopping at EVERY sale I see.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest