Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Christmas Creations part 2

Remember my Christmas Creations post?  If you missed it, you can find it here.

This past weekend my family had our annual Christmas Creations. This was our 4th year, and, my, how things have changed.  Over the past few years there have been a few pretty significant and adorable additions made to the family, i.e., my  children. While in the past we were able to sit down and create craft after craft & enjoy some good conversation while sipping our coffee, this year we did crafts in shifts. We would start a craft and then 2 diapers, 1 nursing session, and a nap later (unfortunately not for me) we'd continue the craft. Here's a peak inside our crafting, hopefully you'll find some inspiration! 




This is what I LOVE about our Christmas Creations tradition.  There is no formality to it.  We set a date, a come and go atmosphere and we have 2-3 crafts that are available to do.  Instead of it being a day where, in the middle of the holiday rush people are focusing with the 'we need to get this done,' attitude, it's a day of family, friends and fellowship.  This day isn't about the finished product, but rather about the time spent making it, and learning how to make it to then make again for your friends or family.


Coffee is a must at our Christmas Creations!

 I just love the mess, it truly shows the creativity! 


The follwing are the 3 projects that we created this year


1. Wall Art 
Stay tuned for next week's post on the how to for this creation! 


2. Stamped books 


3. Homemade lotion 
I also have a recipe for this creation posted on my 1st Christmas Creations post






My sister showing off her beautiful wall art.  She got extra creative with hers and added different layers. 




As I said before, the best part is just sitting together and enjoying our coffee, conversation and crafting. Comment below on your favorite holiday craft!

  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest