Saturday, June 25, 2016

Taco Seasoning

Another way to save some money is to make your own mixes.  I have been making my own taco mix for a few years now.  I got the following recipe from a friend and I love it. 



I even printed out the recipe and taped it to my jar for reference.  As you can see it's been used a few times. 


Taco Mix: 

1 TBsp. Chili Powder 
1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp. Onion Powder   
1/4 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes  
1/4 tsp. Dried Oregano 
1/2 tsp. Paprika 
1 1/2 tsp. Ground Cumin 
1 tsp. Black Pepper (optional) 

I don't add the black pepper because it makes it a little spicer and the husband isn't a huge fan of spicy.  

I really like this recipe because I can double it, triple it or make it pint sized!  I try to make a bunch at a time and fill a pint jar and then store it in the freezer.  That way I have some stored up for later.  

If you do make a large quantity, mix 2 TBsp of the mix with about 2/3 cups of water.  Then mix in with your cooked meat like you would your normal taco mix. 


I love trying new ways to make homemade mixes, what are some that you have made?  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest