Thursday, February 18, 2016

Feminium Products

Ok this post is for the ladies.  

Warning men, you won't want to read! 



Let's talk tampons, yes... tampons. (Now men do you believe me you don't want to read?) 

How much money do you think you spend on tampons? I will say its been a while since I've spent money on tampons, but I calculated an approximate amount and here's what I figured out:

Playtex Gentle Glide 40 count                     $6.97


***Again, remember prices will vary based on location and store.***

I figured about 3-4 a day, depending...you know, depending.That's about 21-28 for the week. Which comes to 252-336 tampons a year! Making an annual cost of around $58.  Now I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but think about how many years you are buying tampons.  If I were to need tampons only until my mid-forties, I'd spend about $1,800!  Starting to add up right?

Well how about paying only $35.00 for 10 years! You start saving money within the first year.

What I'm talking about is The Keeper. The Keeper is a latex cup that you can use instead of tampons.  It is washable and reuseable. There is also the Moon Cup which is made of silicone for women who are allergic to latex. One keeper or moon cup, can last 10 years, and like I said before it only cost $35.00.

Not only is it more cost friendly, it is also environmentally friendly and healthier for you too!

Environmental Impact:

As I said above one woman can use about 300 tampons a year and that is a lot of waste, whether you throw it in the trash or flush it, waste is waste. 

Health:

Tampons and pads both are bleached. Bleach is a chemical that is for external use only. Need I say more? 


The Keeper is a product that comes in 2 sizes, making it super simple to buy. Size A (afterbirth) or Size B (before birth or C-section) Some women can even wear their size B after vaginal birth too.  Even so, 2 keepers is still a lot less than the cost of tampons.

For more information, check out the Hyperlink above. The site answers any questions and explains the environmental and health impact even more!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest