Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Laundry Detergent: Step by Step


Because of some interest here is a step by step guide to making your own laundry detergent.  I also included my calculations for what the initial cost should be and the cost for each item: 


Fels Naptha $0.97  
Borox 76oz  $3.97
Arm & Hammer Washing Soda 55oz $3.97

Total Initial Cost: $8.91 + tax 







First: Grate the bar of soap: 


This seriously took me like 20min, and I watched my favorite Gilmore Girls show as I grated it too. Now if you don't have a lot time, just grate 1/2 the bar and then 1/2 the rest of the recipe.  Side note, it makes your hands & the room you're sitting in smell Amazing! 





2nd: Add 2 Cups of Borax 




3rd: Add 2 Cups of Washing Soda 

Now I forgot I needed 2 cups, so had already added the 1st cup, that's why only 1 cup is filled. 





Mix all the ingrediants together 






Store in container.  I store mine in a glass Anchor jar from Target.  





2 Tbsp for each load.



My uncle has got his down to 0.06 cents a load! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest