Thursday, January 19, 2023

Ice Cream bucket = free storage


    


Way back when I first started my blog, I did a post or two on re-using ice cream buckets as storage. You can check them out here: Ice Cream bucket storage or 3 ways to use that Ice Cream bucket but over the years I've added a few new ways to re-use that ice cream bucket and wanted to share. 

1. Freezer storage: 

This is my new favorite! We have a deep freezer and if you have one you know how hard it is to lose something at the bottom. Well, if you use ice cream buckets to store your items in it helps getting those items from the bottom better.  Things I use my buckets for in the freezer: 

  • meat
  • homemade cookies/treats
  • gluten free items 
  • homemade mini pizzas

2. Storage in your shed: 

I recently have been trying to organize our shed better.  Here are some ways I organize with the buckets in my shed: 
  • gardening gloves (mine + my girls) 
  • seed packets 
  • soil pods
  • gardening tools + markers 
  • summer toys for girls 

3. Pots for your plants:

In the last couple of years, I've become a plant lady. Well, I always have enjoyed plants, but in the last few years I've added a lot of plants to my house.  It started with a couple as gifts from my grandpa-in-law's funeral.  My husband and I were gifted two beautiful plants to take home, since then I have added many more! Ice cream buckets make great pots for plants; especially if you don't want to spend a lot. 

4. Outside toy storage: 

We have a big toy box we keep summer toys in.  After awhile the toys were just getting dumped.  So I took some of our ice cream buckets to use: 
  • jump ropes 
  • chalk 
  • bubbles

5. Around the house: 

  • Use for plastic bags: both ziplock or grocery bags  
  • Kids' toys 
  • cat/dog toys 
  • homemade baby wipes 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest