Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Make your own cheese sticks




Last week I posted a few ways to save at the grocery store during these months of inflation.  This post I'm going to share how easy it is to divide up a block of cheese for your own cheese sticks. 

I bought a 32 oz block of cheese.  It cost $7.80.  I wanted to see if I could get cheese sticks for less than it costs to buy a box of cheese sticks.  We usually buy the pack of 36 cheese sticks for $8.98. 



1. Laying the block of cheese standing up, I just cut approximately the thickness I wanted each stick to be. 



2. Then, cut each section into three cheese sticks. 



3. Store in bags.  I put about 15 in each silicone bag.  One bag I put in the fridge and one in the freezer. Colby jar cheese seems to crumble easier after it is frozen, so having cut it into the cheese stick shapes before freezing they will be able to thaw without having to be cut.  



I ended up getting 36 cheese sticks.  The same amount that we buy in the individual packs.  BUT, I paid about $1 less.  Seeing that we go trough them in about a month, that's a savings of $12 a year. $12 I can be putting to other grocery items. 

I hope that this pst helps you! Remember it's the little things that add up and small steps here and there when making changes.  Good luck! 





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest