Thursday, April 9, 2020

Homemade Pizza



***Photo: Taken in Paris at a cute pizzaria we ate at, so no not homemade, but it was delicious and this is what I strive for with my homemade pizzas***

Recently I did a post on my IG account about homemade pizza.  I wanted to share a little more about how we make our homemade pizzas and what we are doing with Friday pizza nights currently.

First of all, with all the COVID-19 going on and trying to support our local businesses we really wanted to make sure we were being involved in that.  We wanted to model wise spending to our kids, but also modeling how to help out as well.  We switched gears on our weekly Friday night pizza nights.  Instead of making our homemade pizzas we added ordering pizza from our local pizza place. However, instead of spending money each week on eating out, which is not something we could afford prior to COVID-19, we adopted a combo.

We make a couple of homemade pizzas AND we order a pizza.  We might not be spending a lot, but we are contributing what we can to help support our local businesses.  We also try to support another food chain once a week or once every other week as well.

SO, how do we make our homemade pizzas?  Well I've used a couple different recipes throughout the years.  The most current one is pretty simple, although it does call for yeast and I know that is pretty low or scare at the moment.  But, if you have some in your cabinet, you can use the following recipes.  

If you don't have any yeast, you can check out this yeast-free pizza crust recipe from
A Beautiful Mess. 

This first one was given to me by a friend a few years ago.  It's the one I have been using most currently and I like it because it's so simple.  It's great for needing make a quick pizza crust. 

1 C whole wheat flour 
1 1/2 C white flour 
1 tsp garlic salt 
Lots of oregano/italian seasoning/basil 
1 C warm water 
2 tsp yeast 
2 Tbsp Olive oil

Mix and knead all ingredients together let it sit for 5 min. 
Roll dough out into pizza shape
brush with garlic salt/oil 
stab holes in dough
par bake @ 425-450 for 5 min. 

Add sauce, cheese, toppings and bake @ 425 for 15 min. 
ENJOY!! 


This second one, I found on Pinterest years ago.  I am sharing this one because not only does the author of this blog share the recipe, but they also show how to make your pizzas a head of time and freeze them, so you have your own homemade frozen pizzas on hand.  This was such a huge time and money saver for me.  I would take a day and make a bunch of pizzas and freeze them for the month.  I was so appreciative of this post, I hope it can help you too. 

Homemade pizza Storage by The Good Ship Lollipop 

Pizza dough recipe by: The Good Ship Lollipop 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest