Saturday, May 21, 2016

What's for Breakfast?

I love breakfast, it's basically my favorite meal of the day.  My problem with breakfast is that I can't seem to get myself up early enough during the week to make a great breakfast, you know something other than cereal. 

Oatmeal and Waffles are some of my favorite breakfast foods. While frozen waffles, and premade oatmeal packets can make the morning easier, they cost more than making your own and can have a lot of preservatives.  


Waffles: 

Every so often on Saturday mornings I like to make a big breakfast; eggs, waffles and so forth.  Or I just make waffles, but on those Saturdays I go ahead and make a double batch of the waffles.  Then all the extra waffles that we don't eat, I freeze.  And there I have it, my own frozen waffles for the week! It works perfectly. 









I just add them to a gallon sized freezer bag they can last for a couple of months.  Then I can grab 1-2 in the mornings and just pop them in the toaster.   

Oatmeal: 

Oatmeal is a great way to start your day in the morning.  Sometimes I want a little more than just the oatmeal, but the prepackaged packets can add up.  Making your own oatmeal packets is so much more affordable and healthier too.  Here are a few sites that I found helpful when I decided to start making my own: 

1. The Yummy Life: This site is very healthy and she shares her 12 favorite flavors. Not only does she give great tips on how they are healthier than the prepackaged versions she also shows substitution options as well.

2. Amy Loves Her Life: Looking for a very quick and simple homemade prepackage oatmeal option, this is the site for you.

3. One Good Thing By Jillee: On this site she adds an extra ingrediant to make the oatmeal even better.  Plus she shares her how-to on mixing it in large quantity first and then dividing it up.


Hope these sites help. 

How are ways you save on breakfast in the mornings?  What are your favorite breakfast foods to make?  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest