Friday, August 14, 2015

Wax Paper

Now, I'm not sure where this originally came from other than my mother-in-love told me.  However, if she told me about it, more than likely it came from The Tightwad Gazette because that was and is her saving money book.  It too has become my savings book as well.  
But back to the savings, did you know that wax paper is the same thing that your cereal comes in inside the box?  Well don't worry if you didn't because I didn't either.  Now, I don't buy wax paper anymore!   
This is what you do, after you finish your cereal, or after you have poured it into your cereal container, remove the bag from the box.



 Cut down along the long side, and then cut the bottom as well.  That way you can open the bag as one big sheet.




 Wipe the sheet down with a damp cloth.



Cut the piece in half, it fits better on the roll. 





   Let dry and then just roll-up using your old wax paper holder.






Considering most of the time I was throwing that away, I see this as a free way to have wax paper! I hope that this is something you can apply, it's quick, simple and cost saving!



So I wrote this blog and then one day my mother-in-love was over and I realized she does it differently.  Where the paper has been put together, you can carefully tear it apart, no cutting necessary. I plan to re-post on my next blog posting how to do so.  Stay tuned!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest