Sunday, May 7, 2023

Graduation Gift Ideas on a budget

    May is here, and with that means Graduation is just around the corner.  Some years you may just get invited to 1 or 2 parties.  Other years, you may get invited to a dozen.  Over the years, I've accumulated a few ideas for gifts that don't have you spending a bunch.  


1. Supplies for college:

This was something I gave to students when I was teaching.  When I first showed up for college, I felt so prepared; we had my room ready, my clothes ready, I was mentally ready, but then I showed up to class....without any school supplies.  I felt so dumb, how did I forget the basics? With that I gave school supplies as a gift.  Nothing major just a notebook, some pencils, sticky notes & pens.  Items that if they weren't going to school after all they could still use around the house. 

A second type of supplies for college.  When I was graduating, one of the gifts I was given was a set of beach towels.  They were prefect for using in the dorm.  There are so many things you need for college, towels for the bathroom may go unnoticed.  A simple gift! 

2. Fun activities 

Sometimes after graduating it's fun to just have something fun! Here are a list of some fun items I've given to students and don't cost a lot.  

  1. coloring book with coloring pencils/crayons
  2. jump rope & chalk 
  3. ground coffee with a mug 
  4. box of tea with a mug 
  5. giftcard to a local coffeeshop 
  6. plant 

These are just a few simple ideas for graduating seniors.  Really, your presence is what they appreciate the most, but hopefully you can find something on this list or be inspired by it.  

If you are looking for ways to save on party planning, check out my party savings post here

Blessings, 

Inisha 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest